[Solved] Form control deleted when deleting all text

Discuss the word processor
BubikolRamios

[Solved] Form control deleted when deleting all text

Post by BubikolRamios »

I mean, if I do CTRL+A, Del, it deletes also form controls. Can that be avoided ? i.e form would not be affected by CTRL+A ?
I guess most would expect CTRL+A would select only text part.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OPen office 4.1.5/ win 7
MrProgrammer

Re: Form separated from dokument ?

Post by MrProgrammer »

BubikolRamios wrote:… if I do CTRL+A, Del, it deletes also form controls. Can that be avoided ? i.e form would not be affected by CTRL+A ? I guess most would expect CTRL+A would select only text part.
There are four types of anchors for a control. When I used Edit → Select All and pressed Delete, with type
• To Page:         The control was not deleted
• To Paragraph: The control was not deleted if it's anchored to the first paragraph, but was otherwise because the paragraph was deleted
• To Character:  The control was deleted because the character was deleted
• As Character:  The control was deleted because the character was deleted

This behavior seems quite reasonable to me. All documents must have at least one paragraph, thus the first one cannot be deleted. If you don't want your controls deleted, don't anchor them to paragraphs or to characters which you're deleting. If you believe Writer is deleting controls which are anchored to pages, or to paragraphs after the first one, attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself).

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).