[Solved] Location and name of file holding toolbar settings

Discuss the word processor
toss@usa.com

[Solved] Location and name of file holding toolbar settings

Post by toss@usa.com »

Can anybody tell me the name and location of the file that holds the toolbar setting I adjusted? Since I have OO on two computers I'd like to transfer that file to the computer I use more but got mucked up. I bet Roy knows.
Last edited by toss@usa.com on Sun May 23, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis King
US Army Major (Ret.)
See my Christian Card Deck at Toss.iWARP.com
Checkout WWW.SMASHWORDS.COM for my novels and short stories.
robleyd

Re: location and name of file holding toolbar settings

Post by robleyd »

In the top level of your user profile you will find registrymodifications.xcu which contains, amongst other things, your toolbar settings. You don't mention your AOO version or operating system so I can't give you specific instructions on where to find your profile; see [Tutorial] The OpenOffice User Profile for more information.

Perhaps you might consider updating your signature to include OS and AOO information.

If you decide to copy this file to another computer, I strongly suggest that you keep a copy of the fie you are replacing, in case there are settings in the new file that are not suitable for the target computer.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
RoryOF

Re: location and name of file holding toolbar settings

Post by RoryOF »

My immediate reaction is that the easiest way to transfer a toolbar from one machine to another is simply to transfer the entire OpenOffice User Profile (all files and folders) to the destination computer; this will have the effect of transferring everything - all extensions, dictionaries, settings, etc.

On the destination machine the Recent Documents list will be replaced by that of the source machine, and as the documents will not necessarily be on the destination machine the shortcut links may not work, so the Recent Documents ought be cleared to avoid confusion. As new or existing documents are (re)opened, they will now appear on the new list.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
toss@usa.com

Re: SOLVED location and name of file holding toolbar setting

Post by toss@usa.com »

Thanks, Robleyd and RoryOF, I really appreciated Robleyd's answer, and RoryOF your suggestion was one I tried unsuccessfully prior to posting here for help. Thanks, Gents(?)
Dennis King
US Army Major (Ret.)
See my Christian Card Deck at Toss.iWARP.com
Checkout WWW.SMASHWORDS.COM for my novels and short stories.
RoryOF

Re: SOLVED location and name of file holding toolbar setting

Post by RoryOF »

toss@usa.com wrote: RoryOF your suggestion was one I tried unsuccessfully prior to posting here for help. Thanks, Gents(?)
How did it fail? Was there any error message?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS