[Solved] Border lines surrounding sentences and phrases

Discuss the word processor
bethune

[Solved] Border lines surrounding sentences and phrases

Post by bethune »

Hello,
I looked through out the forum for something like this, but either I could not find it or I may have something unusual. This is hard to describe, but I'll do the best that I can. I uploaded an example. Anyway, I copied a document from another Word document into OpenWriter and now I I see border lines around sentences, and phrases. If you look at the example you can see why it was hard or me to describe. I grabbed a snippet from the document to upload. But like I said there are border lines surrounding sentences and phrases. And this is throughout the document. Just wondering if anyone has seen this.
Thank you
Attachments
test.odt
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Last edited by robleyd on Fri May 21, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]; add green tick
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: border lines surrounding sentences and phrases.

Post by Hagar Delest »

It is a section. Place your cursor inside, in the status bar bottom of the Writer window, click the "question-prompt" field, then the Remove button of the dialog.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bethune

Re: Border lines surrounding sentences and phrases

Post by bethune »

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to remove that pesky line surrounding the sections in my document. Also thanks for recognizing what I was laboring to say. Sometimes it is are to describe the weird things that I see in Open Writer. Again, thanks for the solution. That was a tremendous help.
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Windows 10