Why does the Properties window always open when using SaveAs

Discuss the word processor
Alex in Grimsby

Why does the Properties window always open when using SaveAs

Post by Alex in Grimsby »

Why does the Properties window always open when using SaveAs [Solved]
My apologies to all. I originally posted this query in May 2021. Today, 3rd January 2022 I hit the same problem again, and on logging in on here found my own post - followed by a reply from FJCC giving the solution. At the same time I spotted that I had forgotten to edit the Subject Line to include [Solved} - hence the sincerely tendered apology. Having now attempted to rectify my failing, I found that I could not type any further text into the Subject Line field/box. Do I correctly assume that this is because there is a number of characters limit in this field? Anyway, I have tried to circumvent it by adding here instead. I hope that this is acceptable. If it is not and I have innocently transgressed some convention known to all except me, again I can only apologise.

I must have accidently clicked on something, because Writer never used to do this
When I use Save As to save a new document (ie. never previously been saved), Writer opens the desired/indicated folder, but after next clicking on Save it now always opens the Properties window and then waits for me to click on OK, (or Cancel, Help or Reset).

I'm sure that there will be a good reason for providing this option, but for my usage pattern it is just an irritant, and I have no need for it.
How do I switch it off, please?
Last edited by Alex in Grimsby on Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Cessford
Open Office 4.1.6
Windows 10 (64bit) Professional
FJCC

Re: Why does the Properties window always open when using Sa

Post by FJCC »

Go to the menu Tools -> Options, expand the Load/Save list on the left and select General. Remove the selection from Edit Document Properties Before Saving.
That should fix it.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.