[Solved] Join tables after using Split Table

Discuss the word processor
GridLok

[Solved] Join tables after using Split Table

Post by GridLok »

I created a table to layout my weekly timetable, with a row for each day. As more content was added to each day the table 'spilled' onto the next page. This made reading the content of one of the days rather inconvenient as it started at the bottom of one page and was continued on the next. So I used the Split Table option to effectively create a 'new' table on the next page, so that the previously discontinuous entry could be read more easily. Eventually I have ended up with three pages each with a section of the overall timetable on it. Two of the timetable segments would fit on the one page, but I cannot find how to rejoin them. Each starts in the top left-hand corner of the page, has the same number & width of columns, and empty lines underneath, but I cannot cut/copy and paste one table onto another page … when I try do so it creates a new page with just the table I am trying to place.

I am unable to tell if there is some attribute applying to the pages that allows me to enter text on the page, but not a copy of the existing table from another page.

Sorry if that all sounds confusing … but then, I am thoroughly perplexed and don't know how else to describe the situation.
Last edited by GridLok on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To find the right answer, first find the right question"
OpenOffice org. 4.1.4
OO414m5(Build:9788) - Rev. 1811857
2017-10-16 22:12:14 (Mon, 16 Oct 2017) - Darwin x86_64
Mac OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra)
robleyd

Re: Joining Tables

Post by robleyd »

Have you tried Table | Merge Table ?

From the Help - F1
"Combines two consecutive tables into a single table. The tables must be directly next to each other and not separated by an empty paragraph.
If you choose this command when the cursor is in the middle of three consecutive tables, you are prompted to select the table that you want to merge with."
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Hagar Delest

Re: Joining Tables

Post by Hagar Delest »

I would not split the table but rather uncheck the option Allow row to break across pages and columns in the table properties. Select the whole table to apply this setting since in this case it applies to rows.
This way, you can still have the same repeated table header if you had one for columns title.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10