[Solved] Printing to a receipt printer

Discuss the word processor
melinda10S

[Solved] Printing to a receipt printer

Post by melinda10S »

:?: I have a Star TSP Future Print. I got a new computer and now my receipts, set up on Word 2013 will not print correctly. I have made a new form on OO but I can't get it to print the size I want. The width is fine but it cuts it off too short. Any ideas?
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tag [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.9 Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Printing to a receipt printer

Post by John_Ha »

melinda10S wrote:I got a new computer ...
It worked before so your receipts should be the correct page size. Check by Format > Page > Page ..., and compare with what page size the printer manual says it needs.

It's therefore probably the wrong printer driver. Download the correct one for your printer from the Star TSP Future Print manufacturer's web site and install it.
Last edited by John_Ha on Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If it is cutting off too short, then the printer driver possibly needs to be set for a longer page size: see settings in OpenOffice /File /Print : Properties to adjust printer page size.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Rory

Good thinking. Also, try File > Printer settings > Properties ..., and check the paper size. The printer uses a roll of paper so maybe the default size in the newly installed printer driver on the new PC needs to be changed.

If you still have the old PC, and both use Windows 10, you could transfer the driver from it using DoubleDrive.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
melinda10S

Post by melinda10S »

Thanks John, I've done all that with no change. The hateful Windows 10 says I've got the newest driver. I've never used Double Drive, but I'll try it. Thanks.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

melinda10S wrote:The hateful Windows 10 says I've got the newest driver ...
Don't trust it. There have numerous posts on the forum where Windows Update has installed the wrong printer driver. It is why I suggested you went to the manufacturer's web site and downloaded one you know is correct.

melinda10S

Post by melinda10S »

OK, thanks will do that.
melinda10S

Post by melinda10S »

[Solved] My issue is solved. I'm hunting the tutorials to find how to put the [Solved] on the post.