[Solved] Tools > Options default color change has no effect

Discuss the word processor
Kyperballad

[Solved] Tools > Options default color change has no effect

Post by Kyperballad »

If I go to Tools > Options I can change the default Font and various other things. However when I select a different background color for the Writer/Web it has no effect at all. It still just shows the default white background.

I had a default dark grey background until a few weeks ago. Then something happened and the default background changed to white again. Since then I've only been able to edit the background of individual files via Format > Page. Changing the default background in Tools > Options has no effect whatsoever.
Last edited by Kyperballad on Sat May 01, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Tools > Options default color change has no effect

Post by Bill »

You didn't mention a document format. If you're changing the color setting in Tools > Options > OpenOffice Writer/Web > Background, that only changes the background color in HTML documents. It does not apply to ODT documents.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Kyperballad

Re: Tools > Options default color change has no effect

Post by Kyperballad »

Oh, it doesn't apply to ODT documents, okay.

I created a new template and set it as default template. I don't remember doing it this way the last time, but it has worked.
OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Tools > Options default color change has no eff

Post by Hagar Delest »

I don't understand, what do you want to change exactly?
You can either change the color of the page with the page properties (and it will print that color when printed/exported to PDF) or you can change the background for screen rendering only with Tools > Options > AOO > Application colors and the option Document background. In this case, the color will remain default (no color) when printed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10