Base & Writer & Master Doc

Discuss the word processor
capemayal1

Base & Writer & Master Doc

Post by capemayal1 »

I have made several reports in a LO database 6.4.

I am trying to use the reports in a master document. After ensuring that base report configuration matches the writer style - even making my own style, I can't get the base sub-documents to flow without page breaks.

If I use a master document with sub-documents originally saved as writer documents - not base reports - all with the same styles, I have no problem.

I might be able to get one of the base reports to work, with editing page breaks, but when I update the links, the report reverts to the original.

My base reports are dynamic. I save the reports as "save as", into the same folder as the master document.

I've tried sections with the same results.

Any help appreciated.

Al
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Base & Writer & Master Doc

Post by John_Ha »

It is possible for each sub-document to run on from the previous without throwing a new page.

Read the manual on master documents (Chapter 13) at Writer User Guide. It sounds like you are starting each sub-document with a heading which includes a new page command, or ending each sub-document with a new page command.

Upload a sub-document .odt file for analysis and further advice. Do some simple tests with a few test files.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.