[Solved] One of my Writer toolbars seems to have disappeared

Discuss the word processor
wdc202

[Solved] One of my Writer toolbars seems to have disappeared

Post by wdc202 »

In building a table using OOW (with a W10 laptop, I seem to have lost the tool bar --- the one that contains font size, Bold/Ital, and Left, Center, Right Alignment settings. Can someone please tell me how to restore that toolbar?

What might I have done to lose it? It was there 20 minutes ago, and then POOF.

Thanks. ...wdc
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows10
FJCC

Re: One of my OOW toolbars seems to have disappeared

Post by FJCC »

Select the menu item View -> Toolbars -> Formatting. If you still cannot see it, try closing OpenOffice and restarting it.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
wdc202

Re: One of my OOW toolbars seems to have disappeared

Post by wdc202 »

FJCC: Thanks for your so-prompt reply. I never got the chance to do what you suggested; when I returned to the table in progress, that missing toolbar was back in place, and my problem was solved. I should have tried turning OOW off and then on before I paniced and posted the problem. I'll try to remeber in the future. It is so comfoting having you experts there. With all my thanks. ....wdc
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] One of my Writer toolbars seems to have disappe

Post by Bill »

The icons on the Formatting Toolbar will change depending on what is currently selected. If some object like a drawing, image or frame is selected in the table, then the text formatting icons for font, bold, etc will be removed from the toolbar. They should reappear if text is selected in the table.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04