[Solved] Adding a full blank line between paragraphs?

Discuss the word processor
jacksparrowjive

[Solved] Adding a full blank line between paragraphs?

Post by jacksparrowjive »

Hi all. I am trying to find a way to add a full blank like between every paragraph in an existing document. I already went to paragraph>line spacing and tried "double", but this does not actually do what I am trying to accomplish. I do not simply want to change the look of the document, but I actually want there to be a blank line (where text could be inserted) between every paragraph.

I could manually do this by simply going to the end of every paragraph and pressing 'enter', but if there is any way to automatically do this in the settings that would be very nice. Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by jacksparrowjive on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 / WIN10
MrProgrammer

Re: Adding a full blank line between paragraphs?

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
jacksparrowjive wrote:I do not simply want to change the look of the document, but I actually want there to be a blank line (where text could be inserted) between every paragraph.
Edit → Find & Replace → More options → select ✓ Regular Expressions → Search for .$ → Replace with &\n → Replace All. I recommend unchecking Regular expressions, before clicking Close. If you don't like the result immediately use Edit → Undo.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
jacksparrowjive

Re: Adding a full blank line between paragraphs?

Post by jacksparrowjive »

MrProgrammer wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forum.
jacksparrowjive wrote:I do not simply want to change the look of the document, but I actually want there to be a blank line (where text could be inserted) between every paragraph.
Edit → Find & Replace → More options → select ✓ Regular Expressions → Search for .$ → Replace with &\n → Replace All. I recommend unchecking Regular expressions, before clicking Close. If you don't like the result immediately use Edit → Undo.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
I cannot thank you enough! You have saved me SO much time :D
OpenOffice 4.1.6 / WIN10