How can I make the page width the same min and max window

Discuss the word processor
Banned

How can I make the page width the same min and max window

Post by 22878 »

I use a web layout because I want one long continueous page without breaks, and I often use OO with the window minimized, like the attachment. But when I maximize the OO window the width of the page increases, as if the width is set to 100%. How can I set the page with web layout so that the width is only ever as wide as in my attachment regardless if the OO window is minimized or maximized? I cannot figure it out.
page-width.png
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: How can I make the page width the same min and max windo

Post by JeJe »

I think its the nature of the web view that the text always fills the window. You could show one of the sidebar panels and size that to make the text window the size you want.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Banned

Post by 22878 »

JeJe wrote:I think its the nature of the web view that the text always fills the window. You could show one of the sidebar panels and size that to make the text window the size you want.
The problem is that when you switch between the window sizes weird spacing glitches happen, which adds lots of space or removes spaces. It doesn't really add them, but unless you restart OO then they won't go away. No one knows a solution to this? Is the best solution to use page view and then set page length to max length which seems to be 118.11"? Is there a way to increase that even more? It won't let me.
Last edited by 22878 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Have you tried CTRL-SHIFT-R to refresh the window?
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Is the page made to be mostly viewed or edited? You could set the width of the column fixed in pixels and display it with the web browser.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

22878 wrote: set page length to max length which seems to be 118.11"? Is there a way to increase that even more? It won't let me.
The max length of a page in OpenOffice is internally set to 300 cm, which is the 118.11" you note. I understand LibreOffice may allow a 600 cm page, but I think you should consider reviewing your method of working. Such a long page is very rarely required, and the comprehension of those viewing your work is often helped by presenting it in smaller chunks, such as A4 or US Letter pages.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS