Soft line feed in Writer

Discuss the word processor
AfTech54

Soft line feed in Writer

Post by AfTech54 »

I'm inserting database columns as text into a write document. I want to split the columns into 3 "lines".
DB columns
DB columns
It seems like when inserting all three lines they will become separate paragraphs that will be based on the same paragraph format. I don't want these three informations to be splitted over a page brake, but they do. If I check paragraph setting "Keep together with next" they split anyway.
If I use shift return after <Personer> and <Kommentar> I'll get hard returns in the dokument.
What I understand I have to do something like this if possible. Then "Don't split paragraph" might work in page breaks.
Paragraph settings
Paragraph settings
<Foto> <Datum>_(<Ton>) <Plats> <Personer> \n <Kommentar> \n <AltBet>

Possible to solve or do I have to give it up?
Ooo v4.1.9, Windows 10
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: Soft line feed in Write

Post by JeJe »

You can use a newline character (shift + return) and set the paragraph to Do not split paragraph.

You can also put whatever you want to not split in a Frame.

Edit:

If you turn on view nonprinting characters you can see what is there. In the picture the first three lines are the same paragraph.. two lines ending with newline characters and the third with an end of paragraph mark. If do not split paragraph is set those three lines shouldn't split.
newline.JPG
newline.JPG (10.49 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
AfTech54

Re: Soft line feed in Writer

Post by AfTech54 »

Thanks, but as I wrote, the outcome from inserting db by text always ends up in three paragraphs ("hard returns"). It doesn't matter if I use new line/"soft" (Shift-Return).
But in my Open office version 4.1.9 I just see the non char Return sign and not "soft return" sign. Inte image below I get three "hard" ones even though it's a "soft" after <Personer>. I'll insert the tags (hidden text) into the db dialogue.
With 2 hard and one soft I'll get 3 hard.
With 2 hard and one soft I'll get 3 hard.
Ooo v4.1.9, Windows 10