[Solved] Remove Header, First Page Only

Discuss the word processor
MRMMartin

[Solved] Remove Header, First Page Only

Post by MRMMartin »

ok...so I have spent the last 6 hours reading all the "help" topics and other threads related to my problem. They are not working. I just need to remove the header from the first page. One person said that the people who designed this put a lot of thought into it. Obviously it was to much thought bc there should be a simple option such as "first page different" or some option to not have header on first page. I mean most submissions for short stories/etc. it is a guideline to NOT have header on first page.

I already have the story typed. I have been printing the first page (without header) separate and tossing the first page of the story.

I cannot submit any of my stories digitally due to the header on first page.

So, if anyone can help that would be great. Please don't link any of "Help" topics/other threads, as I've been through them all.

I am about to the point of deleting this program and getting one that actually does what I need.
Last edited by MRMMartin on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Remove Header, First Page Only

Post by Villeroy »

Click anywhere on the first page.
Hit F11 to call the stylist window.
Click the 4th icon in the top row (tooltip: "Page Styles")
Double-click "First Page".
To modify this page style for the first page, right-click>Modify...
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Apply the First Page page style to the first page. The page style of the current page is shown in the Status bar between the page number and the language. Click in the first page, then right-click the page style in the Status bar and select First Page. The First Page style has no headers or footers by default.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
MRMMartin

Post by MRMMartin »

Villeroy wrote:Click anywhere on the first page.
Hit F11 to call the stylist window.
Click the 4th icon in the top row (tooltip: "Page Styles")
Double-click "First Page".
To modify this page style for the first page, right-click>Modify...
Wow. Thank you thank you thank you so very much. Thank you!!!

I have been online for almost 6 hours struggling with this. Now i can finally relax my mind. :D

Thank you. When my first story gets published...and later prints into a collective novel. You are the first on my thank you list.

Dude...I so love you. This is just...wow. Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
MRMMartin

Post by MRMMartin »

Bill wrote:Apply the First Page page style to the first page. The page style of the current page is shown in the Status bar between the page number and the language. Click in the first page, then right-click the page style in the Status bar and select First Page. The First Page style has no headers or footers by default.
Thank you for this information. I never noticed the status bars before. That will definitely come in handy down the road. ;)
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Teemu Ruskeepää

Re: [Solved] Remove Header, First Page Only

Post by Teemu Ruskeepää »

Your answer didn´t solve it. I concentrated on this and found a way to have a footer with a page number 1 on the third page.
 Edit:  MRMMartin marked the topic as [Solved] three years ago. Perhaps your situation is different.
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator  

Make one empty page. You can change page style only on the previous page. The page style of the first page can never be changed on Open office and you can´t change page styles directly from a pagee
Make the second page as your front page by selecting it in the organizer while on the first page
Place cursor on the first empty page
Double click on the second column at the bottom of OpenOffice which says "default" in native settings.
In the organizer tab, select next style as first page. This will change the style of page 2 as first page
Place cursos on the page 2 and select next style on page 3 in the organizer as right page
Place cursor on the page 3 and insert in the menu - footer - select right page
Then insert in the menu - fields - page number
On page 3 right click the number 3 in the footer and there appears fields... Not visible if you click outside the 3.Write -2 to off set
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Remove Header, First Page Only

Post by floris v »

Changing from one page style to another is tricky, but it can be done, and you can change the page style for the first page of a document as well. Please read Tutorial on Page styles and headers/footers.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum