AOO won't start after hanging

Discuss the word processor

AOO won't start after hanging

Postby FeedMeBreadTriangles » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 pm

So, I was trying to make some adjustments to OpenOffice but I'm kind of a newb at what I'm doing and, of course, I had to screw it up. I was following some directions on how to add Zotero to the toolbar since I think eventually I will have to cancel my Microsoft Office subscription and...when I tried to follow the directions given here: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19 ... en-office/, I was only able to add one component of Zotero to the toolbar. I was going to write here and ask if I could add the entirety of Zotero to the toolbar...until something unseen happened. I clicked on the component, then OpenOffice froze. I exited out and tried it again, but it wouldn't open. I went directly to the application to access it from there and still nothing. I even attempted to use OpenOffice with admin, still nothing. I couldn't even access the other separate programs even if I tried to open them directly from their .exes. Please, can someone tell me what I did wrong and what can I do to fix OpenOffice? I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed Issue icon, since no Bugzilla issue us provided — MrProgrammer; edit title to reflect problem
I don't know why I'm here
Win-64bit OpenOffice Apache 4.1.7
FeedMeBreadTriangles

Re: I think I broke it...

Postby FJCC » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm

I suspect you have a hung OpenOffice process. The easy way to fix this is to turn off your computer and then turn it back on. If you do not care to do that, press the three keys CTRL Shift ESC simultaneously to bring up the Task Manager. Click on the Details tab. Click on the Name header to sort the processes alphabetically. Scroll down to find any soffice.bin processes. Click on each and then on the button End Task. You should then be able to start OpenOffice.
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Add Zotero components to the toolbar

Postby jrkrideau » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:50 pm

FeedMeBreadTriangles wrote:. I was following some directions on how to add Zotero to the toolbar since I think eventually I will have to cancel my Microsoft Office subscription and...when I tried to follow the directions given here: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19 ... en-office/, I was only able to add one component of Zotero to the toolbar. I was going to write here and ask if I could add the entirety of Zotero to the toolbar...

This should move to a new topic but a) yes you can add all components of Zotero to AOO, and b) that link is very out of date.

LO.Zotero.png
LibreOffice 6.4.3.2; Ubuntu 20.04
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Return to Writer