Cannot insert image onto page

Discuss the word processor
nonenonenone

Cannot insert image onto page

Post by nonenonenone »

No matter what I do, I cannot create an Oo Writer page with this image on it. I have tried to attach it to this forum, but get an error message file is too big.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed title, was: Cannot get onto page
open office 3.1 on windows 7
robleyd

Re: cannot get onto page

Post by robleyd »

Perhaps you could upload the image to a file sharing service and post the link here? Also, it would help if you can explain what you have tried, and what happened when you attempt to insert the image.

You may wish to read [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images which has much helpful information about adding images to documents.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
nonenonenone

Post by nonenonenone »

robleyd wrote:Perhaps you could upload the image to a file sharing service and post the link here? Also, it would help if you can explain what you have tried, and what happened when you attempt to insert the image.

You may wish to read [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images which has much helpful information about adding images to documents.
Thank you for your kindness and time.
I am trying to do ONE project.
Not get a Doctorate Degree in Open Office.
Sorry, not trying to be rude, but the page you linked me to would take about six hours to understand even superficially.
I just want to know how to achieve MY GOAL, My Project, not how to do Everything in Oo.
open office 3.1 on windows 7
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Well, if you aren't prepared to at least tell us what you have tried and give a sample image, I'm afraid we are left to guessing. And I'm not good at guessing games so I won't pursue this topic further.

Perhaps some other software might suit your needs better?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

nonenonenone wrote:No matter what I do...
This phrase and "I've tried everything..." are two phrases that are totally useless when trying to solve a problem. If you expect someone to help you, you must provide information about what you tried. Otherwise, this topic could take days and endless guessing to get to a solution.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Hagar Delest

Re: Cannot get onto page

Post by Hagar Delest »

For the record, similar discussion by OP here: Should I be doing this in Draw or Writer?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Cannot get onto page

Post by RoryOF »

Turn on /View /Non printing characters. Go to the very top of the text area of your first page and click there, so that your cursor is the very first thing on the page. Now /Insert /Manual Break, check the radio button beside Page break, and drop the Style selector to First Page. Press OK. A new page will appear before your existing page(s).

Now click cursor on that new page; you should see "First Page" appear about 1/4 way across in the Status bar (bottom bar) of the OO Window - it was probably previously showing "Default". Your cursor is now on the first page, which is using First Page style. /Format /Page, select Background tab, and drop the As selector to Graphic; the window will change to permit you to select your graphic file. You can change margins on the Page tab of Format Page to increase the area occupied by your image; you may have to click on it and pull the green handles to resize..
 Edit: The /View /Non printing characters display does not print. Many doing major composition/editing in Writer will have it turned on all the time. The same command turns the display off. It can also be accessed by pressing the toolbar button showing the Pilcrow (Backwards P). 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS