[Solved] Writer page 2 will not print

Discuss the word processor
pmcabinet

[Solved] Writer page 2 will not print

Post by pmcabinet »

I am baffled!

In Writer on Windows 10 I have a three page A4 text document to print (Canon MG6350). Writer's Print preview shows the correct number of pages and each is selectable; I go to File > Print but the print dialogue recognises only two pages - the first and last; page two is missing. 'All pages' shows 1-2 only; I click on 'Pages' and type '2': print dialogue says 'No pages'! My Canon printer's own dialogue also shows only two pages.

I have tried all sorts to get this page recognised; I assume there is a setting or formatting issue but I'm now defeated. Can anyone put me out of my misery? (No, not that way!)
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick. [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Writer page 2 will not print

Post by RoryOF »

If page 2 is blank, go to /Tools /Options /OpenOffice Writer : Print tab, and ensure the checkbox "Print automatically inserted blank pages" is checked.

This may be to do with you using only Right Pages (or page styles based on this), where the follow on page style is also a Right page.

Also check /Tools /Options / OpenOffice Writer : Print tab, and ensure Left _and_ Right pages checkboxes are checked.
 Edit: The Options setting is under Preferences on a Mac 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Try test.odt - it has three pages
Attachments
test.odt
(12.66 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
pmcabinet

Post by pmcabinet »

Thank you Rory and John.

I downloaded the test.odt file, checked the Writer print options suggested (Left and Right pages, print blank pages) and bingo! The test document printed fine as did my own.

Best Christmas present so far. Thanks again!
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10