[Solved] Adjust the marginal

Discuss the word processor
Harald12

[Solved] Adjust the marginal

Post by Harald12 »

I write on a exam and i get, when i hit return, automatic the new number of the actuell question and in tabbed marginal. Now i deleted question number 2 (the number) and hit return a couple of time, and set a number manually, and then the marginal adjustment was gone, and i have to use the key Tab to get the marginal adjustment. How can i get the left marginal adjustment back? Thankful for help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Windows 7 and Open Office 3.3 .
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Adjust the marginal

Post by Bill »

Harald12 wrote:How can i get the left marginal adjustment back?
I suspect that "left marginal adjustment" means "left indent". Margins are page properties. Indents are paragraph properties.

How did you add the number to the first question? Did you use automatic paragraph numbering or did you add the number manually? It would be helpful if you uploaded a sample document so we don't have to guess.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Harald12

Re: Adjust the marginal

Post by Harald12 »

I get the question number 1 automatic, but now i have solved the problem with copy the part of the text after question number 2 ( and deleted that text part) and hit return where question number 1 ended, then i get question number2 with "marginal adjustment" back again. Then i paste the question number 2 text in there. Thank you.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Adjust the marginal

Post by Bill »

I don't know why you would have to do it that way. I get the indent (it's not a margin) automatically when I type the second question and press Enter using AOO 4.1.7. The indent will not appear before pressing Enter. Maybe it's a bug in OOo 3.3.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Harald12

Re: [Solved] Adjust the marginal

Post by Harald12 »

I have Open office 4, but i also get left intended.