[Solved] Sections causing problems

Discuss the word processor
Viddaric

[Solved] Sections causing problems

Post by Viddaric »

I cannot seem to get sections to work the way I want them to. Unless I'm adding a new section at the very beginning of the document (which I cannot move), adding a new section always adds it as a subsection to a different section. I don't want this at all, and it's especially bad because I want to use different numbers of columns between sections.
https://imgur.com/a/ufw2BZf
I just want to add a new section that isn't a subsection, but it seems impossible, no matter what I do. There's no area "outside" my existing sections to use to make a new one. What am I doing wrong? :crazy:
Last edited by Viddaric on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Openoffice 4.1.7 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Sections causing problems

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

At the end of the section, hit Alt+Enter to insert a new paragraph after the section.
Note: can't see the screenshot due to corporate policy. Can't you upload it here (crop it so that it makes less than 128kB).

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Viddaric

Re: Sections causing problems

Post by Viddaric »

Hagar Delest wrote:At the end of the section, hit Alt+Enter to insert a new paragraph after the section.
That solved the problem, thanks tons for the quick response.
Openoffice 4.1.7 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Sections causing problems

Post by RoryOF »

Note also, that if a document commences with a section, and one needs text or another section before that section, placing cursor as first character in the section and hitting Alt Enter will insert a new paragraph before the section. For all such manipulations it is helpful to turn on /View /Non printing characters.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS