Recalcitrant Blank Text Fields

Discuss the word processor
Christo08!

Recalcitrant Blank Text Fields

Post by Christo08! »

Hello.

This is David E Campbell writing from Allentown, Pennsylvania USA on this 26th day of July 2021.

I have recently installed a copy of your Apache Office word processor and have found it to be excelent.

Except for one glitch which I hope you can help me with.

Somehow (I did not knowingly cause this), when I saved a document on which I am working the title page
inserted at the top of Page 1 a series of blank text fields which completely covers up the text behind the fields.
I have tried every way I know how to remove these blank text fields but without success.

I would be happy to scan and send to you my paper copy of Page 1, since I believe you need to see the problem
before you can make a recommendation on how to delete the text fields.

My e-mail address is:. If you can give me yours, I will send you a scanned Page 1 copy shortly.
Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

David
Last edited by FJCC on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Recalcitrant Blank Text Fields

Post by FJCC »

Please post the document, or its first page, on the forum. To upload a document, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response. You can save a copy of the document, delete everything except the first page and upload that.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Re: Recalcitrant Blank Text Fields

Post by RoryOF »

Possibly a manifestation of /Tools /Gallery? Try that setting (a toggle - same command for ON or OFF) and see if it turns off the intrusive display.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS