[Solved] Rotate page 90% for labels

Discuss the word processor
paulckruger

[Solved] Rotate page 90% for labels

Post by paulckruger »

I am trying to make some wire tags using standard address labels.

I want to place text twice per label along the ends of the tags so I can then wrap them around cables.

Rotating text is a pain and time consuming to make a lot of different tags.

If I could just rotate an Avery label template 90 degrees so the labels are all "side ways" I could just type what I want and print them.

I changed paper orientation from portrait to landscape but while that does rotate the paper it does NOT rotate the template for the labels.

How can I rotate the ENTIRE page including the template fields?

Thanks
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Rotate Page 90%

Post by John_Ha »

Define your own label template with a sheet in landscape mode and with the labels vertical. See the manual or help for defining a label template.
[Label] Type
Select the size format that you want to use. The available formats depend on the brand on what you selected in the Brand list. If you want to use a custom label format, select [User], and then click the Format tab to define the format.
Or create a table in a landscape page where each cell is the same size and position as a vertical label. Type in the cells.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MrProgrammer

Re: Rotate Page 90%

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
paulckruger wrote:I am trying to make some wire tags using standard address labels.
Creating wire number labels on return address labels includes this discussion: "Now I need to rotate the <product> 90 degrees and have 6 of them on one label".

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Mr.Dandy

Re: Rotate page 90% for labels

Post by Mr.Dandy »

paulckruger wrote:If I could just rotate an Avery label template
Could you provide the exact reference of this Avery template?
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10