[Solved] Scroll one page at a time

Discuss the word processor

[Solved] Scroll one page at a time

Postby wilxuh » Sun May 31, 2020 4:05 pm

His all, suggestions of how to scroll one page at a time? Page up or page down just scroll a few lines.

I searched a bit, but could not find any solution. I use a view with two pages side by side and it would make it much faster for reviewing.

Thank you!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
wilxuh

Re: Scroll one page at a time

Postby FJCC » Sun May 31, 2020 5:18 pm

At the bottom of the vertical scroll bar, there are two small icons with double arrows pointing up or down. Does clicking those do what you want?
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Postby Villeroy » Sun May 31, 2020 5:19 pm

F5 opens the navigator window with lots of navigation tools.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby JeJe » Sun May 31, 2020 11:37 pm

You can't set the main scrollbar to scroll by page but if you go to Tools/Customise you can set a shortcut, menu or toolbar item to move up or down a page. The next page and previous page functions are in the Navigate category.
Openoffice 4.1.2
Windows 8
JeJe
Volunteer

Postby wilxuh » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Can't believe I overlooked those, thank you all so very much!!! My fingers were starting to hurt of scrolling so much lol :D
wilxuh

Re: [Solved] Scroll one page at a time

Postby wilxuh » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 am

Update: I ended up using it as a button on the top left corner of the navigator window. I can't really get it to bind it well somehow lol, however it works pretty well just clicking there.

Also I am looking at two written A4 pages side by side on a ultrawide monitor, it makes it easier to read - some texts are rather long, so I just go cycle through a great deal of them.

They have a weird format on the page I'd rather look at (it's going to be published that way), so I am tricking Openbox under an Ubuntu virtual machine to just show what I need to see, adjusting the corners with Alt+drag with right click.

Cheers :D
wilxuh

Return to Writer