How to change Bullet points

Discuss the word processor
Huodiwen

How to change Bullet points

Post by Huodiwen »

I've looked in the help function, but I can't find out how to change the default tiny bullet points.

Could someone advise?

Thanks.
Open Office 4.1.0 on Windows 8.1
robleyd

Re: How to change Bullet points

Post by robleyd »

Open the help - F1 - and search bullet lists; under formatting options look at Bullet in the Numbering section.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Huodiwen

Post by Huodiwen »

Thanks, but from the Help information, I couldn't follow how to change the style from the default style....
Open Office 4.1.0 on Windows 8.1
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

At least in LO you can just click on a bullet. This should provide you with a Bullets &Numbering option. I seldom use bullet lists in Writer so I am not sure how to permanently reset the bullets
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
acknak

Post by acknak »

I don't know of any way to change the defaults.

You can change an existing list's bullet character by clicking anywhere within the list. This will cause the Bullets and Numbering toobar to appear (it's a small, floating toolbar). There you can click on the rightmost icon to get the Bullets and Numbering dialog window (you can also skip the toolbar and use the menu: Format > Bullets and Numbering ...).

On the Bullets and Numbering dialog window, click on the Bullets tab to see some pre-defined bullet options, including larger bullets.

For complete DIY control over the bullet character, click on the Options tab, then click the Character button and select any character or symbol you like.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23