Unfortunately, it is not possible to paste only the values from Calc into a Writer table.
You have to do it in several steps:
- Copy the Calc cells to the clipboard.
- In a Writer document, Edit > Paste Special, as formatted text (or HTML). This paste will create a new table with the Calc content, formatted as it was in Calc (as far as possible).
- Select the entire new table (Ctrl+A, pressed twice, usually works).
- Format > Default Formatting. This removes the formatting that came from Calc.
- If you need the data in an existing Writer table, copy the new table to the clipboard and paste into your existing table
Here is the official enhancement request: Issue 24500
: Pasting table content into existing writer tables
. It has a target of OOo 3.1 (due in late March), so hopefully this problem will be fixed soon.