[Solved] OO Wiki tutorial problem.

Creating tables and queries
magnoliasouth

[Solved] OO Wiki tutorial problem.

Post by magnoliasouth »

This has been solved now. Many thanks to Villeroy and UnklDonald418.
---
Hi all!

I am new to this kind of thing. I am working on creating a basic database to learn how to use it. I went with this one and I have a problem with Figure 5.

My problem is where it says Auto-Increment Statement. I don't have that in my view. I have followed this to the letter, when back and did it again and again. It's simply not there.

Should I have created something before following it, perhaps? I have searched high and low. I can't figure it out. Oh and by the way, the page has a number of typos. I wouldn't mind fixing them, if I can, but I don't want to fix something I can't follow. You know what I'm saying? lol!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: OO Wiki tutorial problem.

Post by Villeroy »

ONly integer and big integer columns have this property.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: OO Wiki tutorial problem.

Post by UnklDonald418 »

In the example, the field CollectionID is the only one that will have an Auto Value property.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
magnoliasouth

Re: [Solved] OO Wiki tutorial problem.

Post by magnoliasouth »

Thanks, y'all are wonderful! :bravo: