[Solved] Shutdown Compact error

Creating tables and queries
Maax555

[Solved] Shutdown Compact error

Post by Maax555 »

ok, so tried the shutdown compact command and received this error,
1: error in script file line: 3 File input/output errorerror java.io.IOException: S1000 invalid storage class: java.lang.NullPointerException opening file - file C:\Users\Project Tracking New\Project Tracking Test V1.15.odb.data in statement [CREATE CACHED TABLE "Customers"] in statement [SHUTDOWN COMPACT]
I tried to open the Customers table and it opens fine. Any ideas?

I have gone back to my earliest version of this DB V1.01 and get the exact same message regarding the customer table. I have opened it and cant see any issues.
Perhaps I should delete and create customer table again?
Last edited by Maax555 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Maax
LibreOffice 6.1.4.2 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Shutdown Compact error

Post by Villeroy »

Are we discussing an embedded HSQLDB where the statusbar of the database document looks like this?
And you are running the command from menu:Tools>SQL... ?
I've never seen this error message.

Try CHECKPOINT DEFRAG
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Maax555

Post by Maax555 »

Hi Villeroy, yes embedded HSQLDB. I am running command from Tools>SQL and have also used the defrag command.
I have deleted the Customer table, run the SHUTDOWN COMPACT command and I get the exact same error but now mentioning a different table.
I have deleted all tables and left a single table and still get the same error?
I have also loaded an older DB and get exact same thing. I will now look to download a database example from internet and see if i get the same thing.
Perhaps its a java issue or i need to install LO again.
Regards Maax
Maax555

Post by Maax555 »

So i have found reference to this in https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org I am now downloading an alternative version which apparently fixes this issue.
Fingers crossed.
Regards Maax
Maax555

Post by Maax555 »

Downloaded V6 of LO and all is fine now. However the file size of my DB does not reduce at all, its still 400KB which means i cannot upload to some forums as restriction is 128KB. This is strange as my earlier save of this DB is half the size and has very little difference.
Regards Maax
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

[Forum] How to attach a document here Note maximum file size is 128K. If your file is larger, use a file sharing site such as Mediafire and post the link here. The link also contains information on how to anonymise your document if it contains confidential information.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Maax555

Post by Maax555 »

Thanks Rob, just deleting tables and forms that are not relevant to my query (which is a hassle as relationships need to be removed first) then see how big it is.
Regards Maax