How to tag and query with boolean fields?

Creating tables and queries
Coiske60

How to tag and query with boolean fields?

Post by Coiske60 »

Hi, I followed a course of the frugal computer guy, but I forgot a lot;

I want to scan and classify all my paper documents and my idea is to add tags to them.
I thought making a main table where I put an Id, the date, the link to the scan, the place where the original is kept ... and because it's a lot of work I thought I could add the tags from forms that show all the possible tags as yes/no check-boxes in an array, so that I can quickly point the ones I need.

<<I found a example of tags "tags.odb" in the topic "Choosing between Calc and Base" by Villeroy 28 mar 2017, but I don't want to use list-boxes>>

I suppose these boolean fields have to be stored in related tables (one for each category of tags : "origin" (gascompany - insurance company - computerstore - hospital...) , "subject", (invoice - manual - warranty - blood analyses...), and others.

Even that I can't figure out; my sub-forms don't seem to work.

What's more, I want to use these array-forms again to create the query to find back i.e. "all the invoices from the gascompany and the watercompany after 2010" or "The contract "home protection" I have with the insurance company A".

Is this a realistic method? And if so could someone explain me or send a little example of such a database.

I work with the latest version of LO on W10.

Thank you for every hint
LibreOffice 5.2.3.3 (x64) on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: How to tag and query with boolean fields?

Post by RoryOF »

Don't reinvent the wheel - Google for "document management system"; there are quite a number, ranging from free to commercial.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS