[Solved] Comment in a query

Creating tables and queries
mihmih

[Solved] Comment in a query

Post by mihmih »

Hi,

Is there a way to post a comment in the middle of the querry when querry is processed by the base module? If so, works it the same way when a querry is processed directly in MySql?
Last edited by floris v on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited subject, Solved tag and added green Solved icon, floris v, moderator
LibreOffice 4.2 on Windows7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: comment in a querry

Post by Villeroy »

As far as I know, comments are not supported in parsed mode.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: Comment in a querry

Post by Sliderule »

mihmih wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to post a comment in the middle of the querry when querry is processed by the base module? If so, works it the same way when a querry is processed directly in MySql?
Please see the post below by user Sliderule.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=68714&p=306314&hil ... ry#p306314

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
mihmih

Post by mihmih »

Thank you for help.

As you wrote, if i press a SQL icon i can not to make a paramerer query. But can i use this query as source in a subform? Because there is "analizing sql command" and it have to be YES selected.
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

mihmih wrote:Thank you for help.

As you wrote, if i press a SQL icon i can not to make a paramerer query. But can i use this query as source in a subform? Because there is "analizing sql command" and it have to be YES selected.
As I stated, if it is a Parameter Query, the comments will not be saved ( to be seen within OpenOffice / LibreOffice ).

Perhaps, you can make the Query in question into a VIEW that you can add comments with as you desire ( for documentation ) in MySQL. You can write another Query in OpenOffice / LibreOffice Base from the new VIEW , and, that Query can contain the user prompts as you desire.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
mihmih

Post by mihmih »

You are right, a query in subform is like a query with parameter.

I know this view-method :) tkanks one more time.