[Solved] Conditional Query. Filter with a ListBox & Sel ALL

Creating tables and queries
kokoliso

[Solved] Conditional Query. Filter with a ListBox & Sel ALL

Post by kokoliso »

Hello.
I am trying to make a Filter in a Form with a ListBox of "Workers" and I get success filtering when selecting a worker and refreshing a form. But I would like to show all the workers when selecting something like a "All workers" item.
In the Listbox I can see the list of all the workers and the first value is something like a "blank" or NULL or EMPTY ( I am not sure. I can set this in the cell where it is stored the data).
Then, I was thinking that when this "NULL" value is stored in the filter cell, then would be great that when I run a query that doesn't filter by worker, something like a condition after the "WHERE" statement.
I have been searching and in HSQL docs says something about CASE or CASE WHEN, but when I try to run a query doesn't recognize CASE. Something like this:

SELECT "Worker_ID" AS "SelectedWorker" FROM "Filters" WHERE "Filter_ID" = '0'
CASE "Worker_ID" IS NOT NULL THEN SELECT * FROM "Assets" WHERE "Worker_ID" = "SelectedWorker";
ELSE SELECT * FROM "Assets";
END CASE
Last edited by kokoliso on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 5.1.4.2 on Linux Mint
Linux 4.4;
Renderizado de IU: predeterminado;
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Conditional Query. How to filter with a ListBox and add

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The above link describes how to filter listboxes by other listboxes using a macro.
The special filter in the "Filter Data" form of this demo file filters a subform grid by 2 list boxes and 2 dates. The list boxes simply show nothing for "no filter". If you want a list box with an explicit <All Workers> entry, you can do it with a UNION SELECT in direct SQL mode ("native SQL").
In the example file the following works fine with the Persons list box filter:

Code: Select all

SELECT '<All Workers>' AS "Name", NULL AS "ID" FROM "Persons" LIMIT 1
UNION (SELECT "N", "ID" FROM "Persons" ORDER BY "N")
it shows the sorted list of names with <All Workers> on top writing a Null value or the respective ID into the filter table.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kokoliso

Post by kokoliso »

Thanks!!!!
I don't understand the code and the JOIN function of SQL, but opening the example you sent I saw that when you select "" (NULL) from the dropdownlist of names, when filtering you can made an OR operation and now it works:

SELECT "PID", "CID", "D", "V", "ID"
FROM "Data"
WHERE ("PID"=:paramP OR :paramP IS NULL)

I have added this OR operation and now when I select the NULL value from the dropdownlist, it filters nothing

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! :-D
LibreOffice 5.1.4.2 on Linux Mint
Linux 4.4;
Renderizado de IU: predeterminado;