[Solved] Adding/Removing Table in Base

Creating tables and queries
rosam

[Solved] Adding/Removing Table in Base

Post by rosam »

I am having trouble adding a new table to my database. I am using Base with Windows. I have a database with one table and would like to add another, however, all the table options ("Create Table in Design View" and "Use Wizard to Create Table") are disabled. The options for Queries, Forms and Reports are all enabled. Only the Table options don't work. Furthermore, I cannot delete the table that is already there as the "delete" icon is also disabled. Why are these functions disabled?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Adding/Removing Table in Base

Post by RoryOF »

What operating system are you using. You should include that and your OpenOffice version in your Forum signature (User Control Panel, Profile tab, edit signature)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

There are all sorts of strange things that can happen especially when using an embedded database. You might try creating a new database. Then drag your tables from the old database into the new one and see if that doesn't help.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
rosam

Post by rosam »

Thanks UnklDonald. I tried that and it worked! Much appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10