Can't delete data

Creating tables and queries
Marionetta

Can't delete data

Post by Marionetta »

Hi, I am new here because I ve just started to use database programmes and I am having difficulties as I dont know anyone working with databases...I have following problems. I made a table a couple days ago in our office, I dont remember the version numebr of the open office, but it I just downloaded it around that time so it can be the latest...Now I am home completening the table in my version 3.2 and I m having problems.
1 I have a yes/no option in one column and in one particular box a blue square will not disapeare ignoring any commands. it will change the value but as I move on to the next entry it will change back. Also, cant delete the whole entry to make it right.

2 cant overwrite data, always skip back...it is a list of people in courses, but when the attend 2 courses we double entry them...but the system overwrites the data back...however, on our office computer there was no problem with it, i could edit and delete at leisure...

it never shows any messages, so I dont know what the problem is...
please help me, thank you

M
Windows 7 HomePremium, Open Office 3.2
MTP
Volunteer

Re: cant delete data

Post by MTP »

Could you post your file here - if there is no sensitive data in it? This kind of thing is easier to diagnose when we can play with the file itself.

(If you press the "PostReply" button, at the bottom of the text box there is a tab "Upload attachment". )
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: Can't delete data

Post by Nocton »

I suggest as a first step that you update your home PC to the latest version of OO - 4.1.2 - as there have been many changes since 3.2
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10