[SOLVED] Cannot open table section

Creating tables and queries
brandobaris

[SOLVED] Cannot open table section

Post by brandobaris »

I made a database with a couple of tables and queries. The database opens fine but when I click on the tables section I get two errors.

1:
The connection to the data source "Tracking" could not be established.

2:
SQL Status: S1000
Error code: -78
error in script file line: 15 Unexpected token ), requires AS in statement [CREATE VIEW "Record Summary" (COL_1, MAX("Records"."Continuous"))]

Near as I can tell it's the second one that is causing the issue. It seems to be referring an SQL I wrote and was working at the time. Now I can't even get in there to edit or remove it. Is there a way edit it externally or that I could extract my tables from the database and load them into a new database? I just need the data the queries can be re-made.
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick. [RoryOF, Moderator]
OS Windows 7
Open Office V4.1.1
MTP
Volunteer

Re: Cannot open table section

Post by MTP »

All OpenOffice files are zipped documents, and you can see the sub-files by using a zip tool. Base in the default format is particularly complex because it has an entirely separate program embedded inside it. Base itself is a "front-end" that contains queries, forms, and reports. The tables are handled by a different program or "back-end", and Base can work with any number of back-ends including MySQL and Access. By default the back-end is HyperSQL DataBase (HSQLDB), and all the files HSQLDB needs to operate are inside the zipped Base container.

It sounds like your document got corrupted. You might be able to get the parts you need out by using a (un)zip tool and looking through the files. If there is no sensitive data, you could also upload the corrupted file and one of the forum volunteers could take a crack at it.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
brandobaris

Post by brandobaris »

That got it. I was able to open it with winrar and edit the line out of the "script" file that was causing the error. Thank you very much.
OS Windows 7
Open Office V4.1.1
rulerofallchickens

Post by rulerofallchickens »

MTP wrote:All OpenOffice files are zipped documents, and you can see the sub-files by using a zip tool. Base in the default format is particularly complex because it has an entirely separate program embedded inside it. Base itself is a "front-end" that contains queries, forms, and reports. The tables are handled by a different program or "back-end", and Base can work with any number of back-ends including MySQL and Access. By default the back-end is HyperSQL DataBase (HSQLDB), and all the files HSQLDB needs to operate are inside the zipped Base container.

It sounds like your document got corrupted. You might be able to get the parts you need out by using a (un)zip tool and looking through the files. If there is no sensitive data, you could also upload the corrupted file and one of the forum volunteers could take a crack at it.
I'm having the same problem, error -78 out of memory. I can open all the files in winrar, but not exactly sure what to do with them. I need the data, i dont care much about the reports. I have tried using binary converters on the data and backup files with no luck. I have tried using php to convert them to readable text with no luck. How do i upload my broken database as you suggested above?

Chris
chris
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10