Printing tables

Creating tables and queries
JLG

Printing tables

Post by JLG »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far base is great - but I can't seem to print the table format. I can see it, I can see the print icon but it is grey and not active. I have searched through the discussion groups and I am sure this question has been addressed before. The closest I came to finding an answer was something sort of complicated for another application. My apologies for the duplication but can someone help me out here?

I created a form, entered 300 records and now I want to print them out in the table format I created so I can review the records. I did try to do this in the report format, but I like the table layout better for this purpose.

Thank you.
OOo 2.3.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: printing tables

Post by Villeroy »

The grid view provides a view to the raw, almost unformatted data.
Create a report, which is a Writer document embedded in your database. You could also drag your data onto a Calc sheet. [Tutorial] Using registered data sources in Calc. Basically the same drag&drop operation works with Writer documents.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
JLG

Re: printing tables

Post by JLG »

thanks - i will try that out and let you know how it goes. i did create a report, but the formatting is too limited and as the resulting document is unusable. let me give this a go and see how it works. cheers and thank you.
OOo 2.3.X on Mac OSx Leopard