[Solved] Base table with different background colors

Creating tables and queries
Bugsie1977

[Solved] Base table with different background colors

Post by Bugsie1977 »

Ok, I don't think this can be done with writing a code or macro and if not, I accept that.

I have a form for a database with drop down options tasks. The dropdown database table is used for many different job requirements.
i.e. Not Needed, Needed, Pending, Done

I would like to have each of the options a different color so when looking at the form I can see instantly each by color. Such as Not Needed might be cyan, Needed = yellow, Pending = pink and Done = light green. The words would be there but also having the colors might make it wash to scan for all yellow and know these are action items.

Again, can this be done with the table format without a macro? If no - no problem, just thought I would ask.

I am new to openoffice base so still learning.

Thanks in advance.

John
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
John Carter
Office Ver 4.1.10
Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: OO base table with different background colors

Post by Villeroy »

No, there is no way to do this with a form. [Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc describes how you can create a simple report on a Calc sheet where the data are linked to a cell range. With the right template and with cell styles, it is easy to apply conditional formatting.
I use the attached template for such reports.
Attachments
Report.ots
(21.73 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bugsie1977

Post by Bugsie1977 »

Thanks for the information and the confirmation that I will need to be much more advanced in database programming. LOL

Have a wonderful day.
John Carter
Office Ver 4.1.10
Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

No programming at all. No macro can colorize rows in a table control because every row is an instance of the same set of data conrols. If a column of a table control is a text box, all rows are instances of the same text box.
Just prepare a spreadsheet document, drag a query from the data source window into the sheet and apply conditional formatting.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice