Auto Filling fields from a different table

Creating tables and queries
NevP

Auto Filling fields from a different table

Post by NevP »

Hi
New here. Was a member abt 15yrs ago.
Been reading and searching for a while. Got much help from a relationship2 dbase example. Thanks. My prob is can I auto fill a table fields while entering info into another table from a form? I've tried a subform for join table and it filled the subform but not the join table used in the subform.
I'm trying to make a database to run paperwork for an art show.
I have
1 Entry table. Auto fill id
2 Participants table. Auto id and another field is a code to identify easily.
3 join table. No auto fill on the id or code field .

I have joined them in a 2field table ,3 above, with combined master key. Entry joins with id to join id Participants code joins to join code.

Can I auto fill one or both of the join table fields as I enter info into Entry table?

I can enter manually into join table. Have a form on join table with fields from Entry Table as subform. This lets me see the info to enter. Would rather have an auto fill.

Been interesting so far.
NevP
Libreoffice 7.3 on windows 11
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Auto Filling fields from a different table

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Look at the example I uploaded, see if the form document Entries does something similar to what you want.
Attachments
Demo54.odb
(21.71 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
NevP

Post by NevP »

I'll look now. thanks. Reply again later.
Just opened it. WOW! SQL is a foreign language to me. Some learning coming up. Can I use this as the basis please? The three forms are almost Identical to what I have made so far.
NevP [Caboolture near Brisbane Au]
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Most of what I presented is accomplished with Form design tools rather than SQL. Anything you find useful is fine to use.

The Form Navigator found on the Form Design toolbar (usually along the bottom of the window when a Form document is in the Design Mode) is the primary tool used in editing the structure of a Base form document.
Right click on an item in the Form Navigator dialog and select Properties to open the Properties dialog, which gives you access to all the details of the selected Control or Form.

There is a recently updated version of the Base Guide on the Libre Office web site that you might find helpful
https://documentation.libreoffice.org/e ... mentation/
Chapter 4 is devoted to Form design.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
NevP

Post by NevP »

thanks. This is my first try at reldb. I've looked at the form navigator before. will do so again. I have a coy of the 6.2 base manual. Will look at the new one as well. I just updated to the new ver 7.0.3.1
NevP