Entering new data in a Query

Creating tables and queries
Ladybug1972

Entering new data in a Query

Post by Ladybug1972 »

Hi.

I am making a data base, where I need to combine 2 tables in a query. I then need to make a form based on the query.

My problem is that I can't enter new data in the query, it will only show me the data that I enter directly into the tables. So I can't make a form for entering new data, based on the query.

The problem only exit when the query has fields from 2 or more tables.

I have been away from database in a number of years, but in the old days a forms was almost always build on a query. Has that changed?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 - Windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Entering new data in a Query

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Forms that use a query as its data source can usually be made updatable if the Primary Keys are in both the query and on the form. If you don't want to see them on the form the Primary Key's can have their visible property set to No, but they must be on the form for Base to tell the database engine which record to update.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Entering new data in a Query

Post by Villeroy »

Post the SQL statement from the querie's SQL view, please
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice