[Solved] Query inside select statement

Creating tables and queries
the ber

[Solved] Query inside select statement

Post by the ber »

I have some split HSQL databases that I want to convert to MariaDB while still using BASE as the front end for forms and reports. (I prefer MySQL Workbench for creating queries.)
With BASE I can select both tables and queries to create a new query (in Design View, for example), but I can't find a way to use queries in a SELECT statement using MySQL Workbench.
Is this something that only BASE can do, or am I missing something?
Last edited by the ber on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7+ on Windows 7, 10 and various Linux Distros; MariaDB on Linux
robleyd

Re: Query inside select statement

Post by robleyd »

You probably need to ask Mysql workbench questions on a Mysql forum; or perhaps look at the Workbench documentation.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

@the ber,
As you know, Base is a front end. When you create a query in Base you can address it in another Base query (unless that query is native). So those queries that you created in Base do not exists in MySQL. The Query concept of Base might be called client-side-Views. Consider to bring those queries over to your backend database and make a View of them or just write those queries full out in your SQL as derived tables.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
the ber

Post by the ber »

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I understand the situation a bit better now. I'll continue to work on the SQL code.
LO 7+ on Windows 7, 10 and various Linux Distros; MariaDB on Linux