[Solved] Table/number formatting/currency does not stay

Creating tables and queries
Arbe

[Solved] Table/number formatting/currency does not stay

Post by Arbe »

Hi there,

This is a weird question. I have been using Open Office for more than 15 years now, I use it to write quotes and invoices in writer but use tables as well. So far I could format certain columns to display currency and my templates would stay the same, I can change the amounts etc.. Now for some reason - when I change the amount or add a row or anything like that I have to go back into each column and again select number format/currency. I can select multiple items but as soon as I either enter a different number or add a column or row or go back out and into the document it revers back to just numbers - not currency symbol or decimal spaces...Any idea why this is happening. I noticed it a few weeks ago but now it is really annoying me...

I am running 4.1.6. AOO416m1(Build:9790) - Rev. 1844436
2018-10-23

On a HP Laptop - everything else seems to work just fine...

I tried to look for updates (via the help section) - just in case... but that failed as well.

Hope someone can help me with that one:-) Oh and Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice4.15 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Table/number formatting/currency does not stay

Post by Villeroy »

Tables and queries show raw data. The formatting should not matter as long as the values are right. If you dump query data into office Writer tables, Calc sheets, reports or form controls other then text boxes then you have full control over the formatting (well, in most cases at least).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Arbe

Re: Table/number formatting/currency does not stay

Post by Arbe »

Thank you! I was wondering why the formatting suddenly did not stay - but after some massive tinkering and trying all sorts of things I may have found the answer myself... For some reason the "Number Recognition" check box was unchecked... and that may have had something to do with it. For now it works again as it should - meaning it actually stays as a currency...
OpenOffice4.15 on Windows 10