[Solved] Installing OpenOffice 4.1.7

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
maureendave

[Solved] Installing OpenOffice 4.1.7

Post by maureendave »

I have been trying to install this, but repeatedly am told the process has been interrupted, and to exit it and the Quickstarter before the installation can continue. I cannot uninstall 4.1.6, which still appears listed under Control Panel, Programmes. I am not highly skilled in IT, can anyone please help in words of one syllable? :)

Thanks Bill, followed your advice, installation completed and can now open documents, BUT - on some of my documents am getting this message:

Error loading BASIC of document.
file///C:Users/owner/AppData/Roaming/OpenOffice/4/user/basic/dialog.xlc/:
General Error
General input/output error

What on earth does this mean? I can get rid of it by clicking on the cross at the top right corner, but am I doing any damage by doing this?

My brain hurts. This is like trying to find your way in a strange country without a map. When I was still in employment, we just called the IT dept. for help - now I'm onmy own! I really appreciate the help I've been given, though!
Last edited by maureendave on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10 Home
Hagar Delest

Re: Installing OpenOffice 4.1.7

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

In the system tray (where the clock is), you should see an icon for OpenOffice (blue orb with the seagulls). Right click and exit it.
Then you should be able to install.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
maureendave

Post by maureendave »

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. Unfortunately, there is no Open Office icon in the system tray. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10 Home
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Try the forum search. I used the terms interrupted exit and Quickstarter and found several suggestions. Some of those were marked [Solved].
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04