Problems printing documents originating from OpenOffice

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Schafer

Problems printing documents originating from OpenOffice

Post by Schafer »

Hi,
I am attempting to print documents from open office 4.1.5 on windows 10 to an HP office jet 3830. at first whenever I attempted to print a document from any source it would only print out blank pages. I updated the drivers to the printer and I was able to print from most sources PDF's originating from Chrome and IE and printing pages directly from websites. When I attempt to print from AOO it still prints blank pages tellsubway. I attempted to reset the printer and redownload drivers which did not work and also exported the documents to a PDF and attempted to print it from there which did not work. I also exported the documents to Google chrome and tried to print it there which did not work. at a bit of a loss!
Last edited by Schafer on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
RoryOF

Re: Problems printing documents originating from OpenOffice

Post by RoryOF »

If it won't print from a PDF it may be a printer installation problem. I suggest disconnecting the printer, removing the printer drivers, restart your computer, plug in the printer, switch it on and allow it reinstall.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Problems printing documents originating from OpenOffice

Post by John_Ha »

Run out of ink? Reseat the ink cartridges?

Print a test page - see the printer manual. Does it print from another program - print a web page direct from the browser. What happens?

Download and print these two files.
Attachments
test.odt
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
test.pdf
(22.86 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.