Document in use

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
aschwabenbauer

Document in use

Post by aschwabenbauer »

Each time I open a saved document in OpenOffice, I get a dialog box that says "Document in use", even though I have not previously had the document opened. I am forced to open a copy of the document and then perform a "save as" operation using a new name for the document. This results in several copies of what is, essentially, the same document; and it's getting hard to keep track of all the different versions I have had to create. This just started a couple of days ago. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled OpenOffice with no change in results. HELP!!
Arthur J Schwabenbauer, OpenOffice version 4.1.1, Operating system Windows 10 update 1903
RoryOF

Re: Document in use

Post by RoryOF »

It may be that there is a hidden lock file in the root of your OO user profile. See [Tutorial] The OpenOffice User Profile for details of the User profile. To see such files, enable viewing of hidden and system files for your operating system.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
aschwabenbauer

Post by aschwabenbauer »

If there is a hidden lock file in the root of my user profile, how do I find it and what should I do about it?

Thank you.
Arthur J Schwabenbauer, OpenOffice version 4.1.1, Operating system Windows 10 update 1903
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

You find it by turning on displaying hidden files, then delete it.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum