Unselectable Writer Entity

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
ramvad

Unselectable Writer Entity

Post by ramvad »

Writer is creating entities that appear to be a single column single row table that cannot be selected (and therefore deleted). In addition the entity clones itself if the cursor advances to a new page. Any text entered into the "table" on the original page is repeated in the entity in the new page. Changing the text in either example automatically changes the text in the other example, i.e., the text can never be different in either example. What is going on and how do I stop it? :crazy:
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Unselectable Writer Entity

Post by RoryOF »

These are probably entries in a Page Header or Footer. Try turning these off in the Page Style in use. An uploaded sample .odt file would be helpful.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
ramvad

Re: Unselectable Writer Entity

Post by ramvad »

All styles appear to be set as Default. I would be happy to send an example but I do not see any way to attach documents. If you can instruct how this may be done I will sent a small file I saved as an example of the issue. The document in which the problem first appeared is a catalog of VST synthesizers. The problem did not appear until the 94th entry in the document.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10