Crash?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
mkuslo@yahoo.com

Crash?

Post by mkuslo@yahoo.com »

Hi ,same problem, it works when i save it every other entry but if I put more entries in it crashes and I lose the entry, reinstalling did not help . it does not give a reason why it crashed, just crash message. I cannot rename user. Need exact guidance for Windows 10 how to do that as it appears not to be an option . of course i do not want to lose any data.....
 Edit: Originally posted in a totally unrelated topic in Macros and UNO API 
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Crash?

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Before you go about the renaming, make sure that your Windows 10 installation has all of the updates, as some earlier updates have been reported to cause problems with OpenOffice, yet later updates were reported to have resolved those same problems.
If you have a completely updated version of Windows 10, or if you still have problems after updating, the general instructions in [Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile should be easy for you to follow, even though Windows 10 isn't specifically mentioned. It is my understanding, that, if you follow the suggestions for Windows 7 (which is specified in the tutorial), they will work in Windows 10.
Please note that the instructions do require you to, at least temporarily, change some of the settings in your Windows system so you can find the correct location.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Crash?

Post by John_Ha »

mkuslo@yahoo.com wrote:it does not give a reason why it crashed, just crash message ...
Need exact guidance for Windows 10 ... [/edit]
Give the exact words of the error message so we have a clue as to what happened - all else is complete guesswork.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.