[Solved] Can't check for Upgrades - Server error

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Clint

[Solved] Can't check for Upgrades - Server error

Post by Clint »

Windows 7 SP 1 Home Premium
OpenOffice 4.1.6

In the past, I would get regular notices that a new dictionary file upgrade was available.
I am no longer receiving such notices.

Now, when I click on

Help > Check or Updates

the system returns a dialog box

Checking for update failed

Description:
Error reading data from the Internet.
Server Error Message : .

Since i first noticed I was no longer receiving upgrade notices, I have manually upgraded from Open Office 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 and verified I have the latest version of Java installed.

Any help would be appreciated

Also, I currently have Windows 7 SP 1 Home Premium and OpenOffice 4.1.6 installed but screen still shows my original Windows XP installation from the time I first registered.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0 Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
RusselB

Re: Can't check for Upgrades - Server error

Post by RusselB »

This is a known problem, that has been reported many times.
Unfortunately, no one here has the ability and/or authority to fix it.
I believe one or more of the moderators has notified or attempted to notify the people that do have the ability to look into this.
The best advice I can give, is to keep watching these forums for version updates... eg: when 4.1.7 (or whatever they call the next version) comes out, there will be a notice on these forums.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.