[Solved] Blank white program window, can't see menu/settings

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
maciaccio

[Solved] Blank white program window, can't see menu/settings

Post by maciaccio »

Help!

My Calc app is all white, blank program window. I think this may have happened before, due to a OpenGL issue?? I can not even see the menu bar to open settings. If I use Alt + F, etc. to open a menu shortcut, it is also all white window.
How do I fix this if I can't see the settings?
I already attempted a repair on the install, rebooted, same issue.

LibreOffice_6.1.0_Win_x64
Last edited by maciaccio on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10 Pro
RusselB

Re: Blank white program window, can't see settings or anythi

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard of this with as a problem with a program. I have heard of it happening as a hardware failure, but as you state you've already tried a repair, it's not affecting your ability to see the basic Windows functions, thus not a hardware problem (imo).
That said, have you tried doing a reset on the User Profile? If not, instructional assistance is available here
Repairing the installation or even uninstalling and then reinstalling does not affect the user profile.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
maciaccio

Re: Blank white program window, can't see settings or anythi

Post by maciaccio »

Thanks for your reply. Idk anything about user profiles...

But I remembered that when this happened in the past (6-12m ago?), I uninstalled OpenOffice and installed LibreOffice as a fix. I had forgotten this when I posted to these forums. Guess the issue migrated to LibreOffice, maybe due to a Win 10 update that was forced through...?
Posted fixes such as changing the graphics render engine and turning on/off hardware acceleration did not work for me. Previously, I knew the keyboard shortcuts to blind navigate to those settings and change them, not so this time.

The solution that worked was to uninstall LibreOffice_6.1.0_Win_x64 and install OpenOffice 4.1.6, I guess the developers fixed this issue.

Gigabyte 970A-DS3P FX mobo
AMD FX8350
Samsung 850 Evo ssd
WD-Blue Sata-II hdd
2x EVGA Nvidea GT710
Win 10 Pro
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10 Pro
RusselB

Re: [Solved] Blank white program window, can't see menu/sett

Post by RusselB »

There were multiple topics/posts regarding OpenOffice not working properly after a Windows 10 update.
Later on, it was reported that another update fixed the problem, but I don't recall any of the other posts giving the same symptoms as what you were describing
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.