Problems opening files

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
gjw45248

Problems opening files

Post by gjw45248 »

I have been having problems with opening Open Office. The problem started the morning after a wind storm a few days ago that caused the power to go off momentarily several times. I can't honestly remember if I was using Open Office at the time or not.
When trying to start Open Office, I get a 1" box above my lower task bar that says case_sumary_table.doc. I cannot delete it, close it or anything without either re-booting or using the Task Manager.
After numerous tries I deleted the program and then reinstalled it. I still got the same mini-window. If I try to open a file and have it start Open Office for me, the file will appear only as a 1" box again. The only difference is that I can close that box by clicking on the "X"
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem???
Windows 10 /Open Office 4.1.6
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Problems opening files

Post by Bill »

If the 1" box is a window, then you should be able to resize it using the usual methods. Did you try to resize it?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Hagar Delest

Re: Problems opening files

Post by Hagar Delest »

If you don't manage to resize the box (surely asking you for the document recovery), you can reset your OpenOffice user profile.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10