Problems opening files

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?

Problems opening files

Postby gjw45248 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:51 am

I have been having problems with opening Open Office. The problem started the morning after a wind storm a few days ago that caused the power to go off momentarily several times. I can't honestly remember if I was using Open Office at the time or not.
When trying to start Open Office, I get a 1" box above my lower task bar that says case_sumary_table.doc. I cannot delete it, close it or anything without either re-booting or using the Task Manager.
After numerous tries I deleted the program and then reinstalled it. I still got the same mini-window. If I try to open a file and have it start Open Office for me, the file will appear only as a 1" box again. The only difference is that I can close that box by clicking on the "X"
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem???
Windows 10 /Open Office 4.1.6
gjw45248

Re: Problems opening files

Postby Bill » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 am

If the 1" box is a window, then you should be able to resize it using the usual methods. Did you try to resize it?
AOO 4.1.7, LO 6.3.6.2 and LO 6.4.3.2 on Kubuntu 20.04
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Problems opening files

Postby Hagar Delest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:18 am

If you don't manage to resize the box (surely asking you for the document recovery), you can reset your OpenOffice user profile.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Return to Install, Setup and Troubleshooting