How do I access OpenOffice remotely ?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
floorspring

How do I access OpenOffice remotely ?

Post by floorspring »

i am the cashier for the local Theatre and have loaded the cash book in the Box Office on OpenOffice, can I access this at home?
Open Office 4.1.1/on Windows
RusselB

Re: How do I access OpenOffice remotely ?

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.

While it is possible to do this, it would require remote access to the computer at your local theatre.
It would be a lot easier, and at least as safe, to get a Dropbox account and save a copy of your cash book file to the dropbox account.
You can then use your computer at home to access that file. It is easy enough to have OpenOffice use the Dropbox account/folder as the default
That way you're only having to use one file, rather than making a file on the computer at the theatre, copying it to the Dropbox account, modifying the Dropbox version, then having to copy that over the file at the theatre in order to be working with the most up-to-date information.

You will have to install the OpenOffice software at home, as the software is, realistically, not accessible as an installed version from a remote location. There are ways of doing it, but they can get very complex.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
floorspring

Re: How do I access OpenOffice remotely ?

Post by floorspring »

Thank you, most helpful
Open Office 4.1.1/on Windows