What email program?

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
dingleberry

What email program?

Post by dingleberry »

I'm a 1st time user who is trying to send a document via email. when I click to "send via email", I get a message that there is no email program associated to do this. what do I do; how do i do it?
openoffice4.1.5, windows 7
RoryOF

Re: what email program?

Post by RoryOF »

Quick and simple method is to Save the file, then attach it to your usual email program, which will have hooks for file attachments. That done, you can thn integrate your email programme (which?) wit OpenOffice; note that all email programs do not work well with OO. For the integration process you will have to wait for other advice than mine, as I only use a separate email program.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The easiest way for you is probably to save the document to a convenient location and then open your email and attach the document to the message.
When you click the "send via email" icon, OpenOffice tries to call the program your computer uses for email. If you are using a web based email like gmail, there is no program for OpenOffice to call.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Try the Thunderbird e-mail client software. It works fine for me with the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.