Spreadsheet crashed

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
wheels2014

Spreadsheet crashed

Post by wheels2014 »

I used my spreadsheet (**.ods) yesterday and it worked fine. Today when I tried to open it all I got was what looked like document pages filled with x's. Any suggestions? Also when I first tried to open it it asked what format (western European, etc.) :shock: OPENOffice 4.1.3
Openoffice AOO413m1(Build:9783) - Rev. 1761381 2016-09-29 02:39:19 on windows 8.1
robleyd

Re: spreadsheet crashed

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Spreadsheet crashed

Post by John_Ha »

Your only hope is to see [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete Writer temporary files for

a) detailed instructions on how to recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

b) how to find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

c) how to un-delete the temporary files Writer wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it and is probably your best hope.

It works for spreadsheet files too.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.