General Input/Output Error

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
thesedaiv

General Input/Output Error

Post by thesedaiv »

I'm trying to save updates to some documents, including resumes. I recently installed Grammerly to aid me. However when I open or make new files and attempt to save them, I get an error which ultimately ends in General Input/Output Error.

If i need to post all the errors I get before it ends in General Input/Output or not? What do I got to do to and edit new filess?
Windows OS 10 Open Office 4.1.5
robleyd

Re: General Input/Output Error

Post by robleyd »

There is no Windows OSX so I assume you mean Windows 10 or earlier. You probably have a Windows version that has been updated to include Windows Defender; in that case, the solution suggested in this post may help you. as may How to Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings in Windows 10

If you are in fact running OSX on Mac, please give us the entire error message(s).

Please update your signature to reflect the actual operating system and version you are using, so that we may better help you.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
thesedaiv

Re: General Input/Output Error

Post by thesedaiv »

X is Roman Numeral for ten, I appologize. I've been writing a lot of Friday the 13th related stuff and are stuck in roman numerals.
Windows OS 10 Open Office 4.1.5